Article provided by: Laser Eye Center - Los Angeles
Laser Eye Center is a leading treatment center for laser eye surgery in Ventura County. Our team consists of some of the most highly skilled optometrists and ophthalmologists in California.
How much does Lasik cost in Ventura County?
LASIK is one of the most expensive surgeries in LA. LASIK eye surgery can range from $1400 to $2000 per eye. The price can vary based on laser technology, the complexity of the procedure, and the surgeon.
Most insurances do not cover the cost of LASIK procedures. To make sure that everybody gets a chance at the best medical care, we offer easy payment plans for laser eye surgery in Ventura County. Our payment plans are interest-free and do not require any down payment. Besides, we accept most insurance policies and flexible spending accounts.
Types of laser eye procedures
Different types of laser eye surgeries are used to correct various vision issues. Some of the common laser eye procedures include:
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) - In this procedure, your doctor will attempt to remove the top surface called the epithelium. This procedure can take up to 4 days to heal, and patients experience moderate pain during the recovery phase.
- Laser-assisted subepithelial keratectomy (LASEK) - In a LASEK surgery, your doctor will create a flap using a special device and expose your cornea to ethanol. This procedure helps in treating eye issues in people with thin corneas.
- Epithelial laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis (epi-LASIK) - In this procedure, your doctor will separate the epithelium from the stroma of the cornea. After which your doctor will reshape your cornea with the help of a laser.
Besides the above mentioned common laser eye surgeries, implantable lenses, and bio optics are some of the other kinds of laser procedures. Make sure to approach an experienced ophthalmologist for laser eye surgery.
Vision problems and laser refractive surgery
Laser refractive surgery corrects vision problems and eye-sight deformities. Laser surgeries can fix common eye problems like:
- Nearsightedness (myopia) - This is a condition where you have a clear vision of objects nearer to you, but distant objects appear blurred. Individuals with longer than normal eyeballs or sharp corneal curves suffer from myopia.
- Farsightedness (hyperopia) - In this condition, you have a clear vision of distant objects, but those closer to you appear blurred. Individuals with a shorter than normal eyeball or a flatter cornea suffer from hyperopia.
Astigmatism is also an eye-sight deformity where you suffer from a blurry vision of objects both near and far from you. Laser surgeries help in correcting astigmatism as well.
Implantable lenses are a laser eye procedure where your doctor will surgically attempt to insert corrective lenses in your eye. This procedure involves the removal of the old and cloudy eye lens. Implantable lenses are the best options for the elderly who undergo this procedure as an alternative to LASIK to achieve better vision.
Call the Laser Eye Center today to schedule an eye appointment. Our laser eye surgery in Ventura County has a 99% success rate, and we are one of the least expensive eye care providers in the country.Laser Eye Surgery Ventura County
View Larger Map